Prostate Health: Natural Treatment For Prostate – Tags: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, BPH, chronic prostatitis, examination prostate, prostate
Why Regular Prostate Checkup is Important
The prostate is a gland that becomes a part of the male reproductive system. Basically, the function of the prostate gland is to store and produce a clear, liquid substance that makes up to a third of the volume of semen. It also bathes the sperm and thus provides the necessary nourishment so the sperm is able to swim. The prostate gland also has several smooth muscles that will help you to expel semen during ejaculation. The location of the prostate gland is below the bladder, surrounds the urethra, an organ used to empty the bladder, and it is also located directly in front of the rectum, which makes it accessible to be palpitated through the rectum.
If you have a buildup of prostate fluid without ejaculation during prolonged sexual stimulation, you will experience a painful condition. This condition can be simply resolved with ejaculation or, as common wisdom has shown many times, a cold shower. If you consume too much alcohol and experience sexual activities that lead to a similar condition, the buildup of prostate fluid can be so great, which will cause the prostate to swell. This swelling can result in problems such as frequent urination due to the constant pressure on the bladder.
Male hormones are essential so the prostate gland can work properly. These male hormones are responsible for a human to develop his male sex characteristics. The main male hormone is testosterone and it is produced mainly by the testicles while other male hormones are also produced by the adrenal glands.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
An enlarged prostate occurs when a man’s prostate gland slowly grows bigger as he ages. More than half of men over age 60 have this condition, also called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Some men have symptoms and others don’t. The exact causes are unknown, but one thing is sure: BPH is not cancer and it does not lead to cancer. The prostate sits below the bladder and produces fluid for semen.
Regular checkup is essential
The prostate gland is important and thus it is necessary for each man to visit a doctor regularly to check out the condition of the prostate gland and overall sexual health. In this case, the doctor will be able to keep an eye on the condition of the prostate and let you know if there is a problem with your prostate that can be harmful and dangerous.
Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer and this fact gives more support about the necessity for every man to get a regular checkup. This is a wise move to keep your body healthy and to make sure that there is no problem arisen in regards to your prostate condition.
By simply maintaining this habit of scheduled checkups, you can combat any problem related to the prostate before it develops into a more severe condition. Obviously, you should also make sure that the doctor is qualified to make judgmental opinions concerning your prostate condition.
If you find out that you are in fact suffering from prostate cancer, there are several effective treatments available to overcome the condition. Medical technology has developed rapidly and with proper treatments, you have a good chance to get back to your old self again. You should always think positively and believe in yourself that you can defeat this problem. You should realize that as long as you keep fighting on, there is a high probability that you will come out as the winner.
Sometimes prostate massage is essential as a treatment for some diseases of the prostate, especially for chronic prostatitis or the inflammation of the prostate gland. Similar as a digital rectal examination, prostate massage requires a finger inserted into the rectum to massage the prostate with light stimulation, no more than the amount of pressure used to rub your eye. Prostate massage will result in a discharge of prostate fluid with or without an ejaculation or orgasm.
Natural Treatment Prostate
Traditional treatments for prostate issues include the surgical removal of all or part of the prostate. While most people experience a relief of symptoms, it may leave them impotent. For the health conscious, this should only be used as a last resort.
WELLNESS RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ENLARGED PROSTATE
- Prostate Exam – If you are over 40, have your doctor perform a prostate exam during your regular checkup.
- Eat Right – Incorporate a healthful diet filled with lots of fruits and vegetables and low on unsaturated fats, sugars and processed foods.
- Kegel Exercises can be done to improve circulation to these tissues. A kegel exercise is performed by pulling up all the muscles around the scrotum and anus. Repeat this movement 10 times. Try doing this ‘invisible’ exercise 5-6 times daily.
- Saw Palmetto – For men suffering from prostate enlargement, saw palmetto is the place to start. Saw palmetto has a long history of relieving testicular inflammation and inhibiting the hormone responsible for prostate enlargement.
- Zinc has also been used for decades to support a healthy prostate.
- Nettle and Pygeum have also been shown to be effective for relieving symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate. They can be used alone or in conjunction with saw palmetto.
- A great combination for prostate issues is Male Drive Max which contains saw palmetto, l-arginine, l-citrulline, horny goat weed, and zinc that are beneficial for maintaining healthy prostate gland function.
- Antioxidants – Supplementation with antioxidants (vitamins A, C, E, and selenium), such as those found in Defense Maintenance or super Antioxidant will help to protect these sensitive tissues from oxidative damage.
We want to thank in part contributions from Cindy Heller at Male Prostate Pain.